Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sooo..............

I like motorcycles; some are pretty cool, a lot more aren't...Some of the trikes out there these days are kinda neat too...Well, Thursday afternoon as I was heading up I-75 North, I spotted this guy on his bike...From a distance, it looked pretty weird from the back, 'till I realized he was pulling a trailer...As I got up beside him I noticed the wheels on the side of the bike..."Training wheels" was the first thought that entered my mind!

I've seen these kits advertised in the past and on some bikes that I've seen parked in various places, but this is one of the first times I've ever actually seen them in use for any extended amount of time! These things totally crack me up for some reason...I followed this guy for about 15 miles...As he would enter turns, the "training wheels" would actually lose contact with the road and sometimes skip across the pavement; didn't look like the suspension was working at all, or maybe there isn't any?? I'm not sure if this is how these kits are supposed to work, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be riding next to a guy with one of these on his bike! They don't appear to be all that stable or really even safe at all! Honestly, it looked like the trailer he was pulling was really the only thing that was keeping him in line and out from underneath an 18 wheeler in the fast lane...

I'm all for getting out there and riding, but I totally don't see why someone would want to ride a bike with one of these "training wheel" deals on it...Either buy a proper trike or take a state riding class or get into one of the HD sponsored ones and learn to ride!

Sorry for the rant, check out the pics: